Implementation & Training
Ensure Success for your ERP Investment…and your company!
Implementation of your ERP solution takes considerable time, money and commitment. Once the right ERP Software has been selected, a successful rollout depends on a number of factors, the most important of which is working with the right consulting firm. The team at Innovation ERP will work closely with you to utilize a time tested implementation methodology to ensure your firm is up and running in a timely fashion and achieving significant ROI on your new system.
“Best Practice” – Results when qualitative comparisons are made between similar organizations business practices….or an activity that an organization finds successful in accomplishing a task.
Making use of Industry Best Practices, the following steps are built into any successful ERP implementation:
- Strategic Planning
- Procedure Review
- Data Migration and Conversion
- Testing and Training
- Go Live and Evaluation
- Project Team – Assign key players from your team that understand company goals and objectives, and have a commitment to the success of the project.
- Define Scope of Implementation – In any successful implementation, objectives need to be clearly defined for the new ERP solution. Understanding what the KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) are and the expected improvements will help identify gaps and opportunities as the implementation gets underway.
- Project plan – As a result of the above steps, a good project plan should include defined goals and objectives, training procedures, team responsibilities and an estimated timeline. The project plan should be updated and reviewed during periodic “Milestone Meetings”.
- Software Review – An intensive and thorough review of the software capabilities for the project team.
- Reengineering – Working closely with the consultants, your team will identify opportunities for automating, improving, and eliminating redundant tasks and operations.
- Standard Operating Procedures – Development of SOP’s for every aspect of your business is a big task and critical to the long term success of your ERP implementation.
- Data conversion map – A plan is put into place on which data to convert, new conventions for numbering documents, etc
- Data Extraction and Clean up – Data is extracted, reviewed and updated in preparation for import to the new system.
- Import and verification – Data is imported using tools provided to assist, and all data is reviewed for accuracy.
Testing and Training:
- Conference Room Pilot – The project team and key staff members practice and test the configured database with transactional data to validate input and expected results.
- Review – Using the developed SOP’s, identify any modifications required and adjust accordingly.
- Train the Trainer – Senior project team members often provide the in house training of all staff with assistance from the consultants. Cheat sheets and additional documentation are frequently utilized.
Go Live and Evaluation:
- Go Live Checklist – All beginning balances are finalized and final data conversion is prepared, modifications are finalized and verified, full implementation team and consultants are prepared and available including a schedule of month end closings.
- Evaluation – Review of benchmarks and original “goals and objectives”. Maximizing ROI requires accountability and constant testing. Patience is always required and adjustments are made frequently to overcome bumps in the road.
End-to-end support with proven methodologies
Innovation ERP supports many types of software implementations with a team dedicated to providing realistic and proactive solutions. With an extensive background in the implementation of ERP, CRM and other enterprise software, we offer clients peace of mind, knowing that their project will be executed effectively, and implemented on time and on budget. The right software implementation from Innovation ERP will ensure that deadlines are met, processes streamlined, and goals achieved.
Innovation ERP consultants are experts in:
- Planning and design – Business processes are clearly defined, and documents detailing business requirements and configuration needs are created
- Installation – Current IT infrastructure is reviewed, and updates planned
- Configuration – The prototype solution is configured and set up, and testing is conducted
- Training – Formal training geared at the end-users is performed, preferably through a train-the-trainer method
- Reporting – Financial, advanced reporting and analysis training, consultation and report development
- Data Migration – Required data is converted for use, and accessed during testing in the prototype process
- Development – Any customization of screen or report functionality is done, along with reporting of system interfacing process updates
- Project management – All projects are carefully monitored to ensure that they stay on task and on schedule