Sometimes referred to as BPR, Business Reengineering involves the evaluation or rethinking of a company’s current processes, identifying potential inefficiencies, drafting a strategy for improvements, and change over to those improvements.
BPR provides an opportunity to improve customer service, streamline operations, improve delivery and speed, lower costs, and increase profits. When accomplished in tandem with the implementation of a new ERP solution, “Change Management” becomes a reality for dynamic companies.
It starts through an assessment of an organizations’ mission, goals and customer needs. Reengineering will then focus on the steps and procedures that determine how resources are allocated to create products and services. Often, dramatic improvements are achieved when a process is found to be inefficient, outdated, or redundant.
Business Reengineering success factors include many elements:
- Commitment from the organization – From top management sponsorship, to all affected departments, changes to roles, technology or processes need to be endorsed across the enterprise.
- BPR Team – This team leads the reengineering effort, makes recommendations, and communicates the findings and strategies to the entire organization
- Needs Analysis – During these sessions, problem areas, company goals, business objectives are defined
- IT Infrastructure – Adequate IT resources ensure the ability to execute, ensure integrity and consistency
- Organizational Change – considers change as a process, as well as taking culture into account. Being sensitive to attitudes, beliefs, and behavior increases the odds of a successful transformation
- Continuous Improvement – Incremental and Ongoing change with performance measuring is an improvement strategy embedded in successful BPR.
Innovation ERP will interview key members of the management team and employees from different departments to document your business processes. Our goal is to understand job functions, as well as challenges that exist.
Once we understand how all departments operate, we can help identify inefficient and redundant processes. Working with your team, we will then provide a Summary of Findings that will make recommendations on business and technology improvements.
Innovation ERP can guide your team through the entire process and ensure that your BPR is a success. Your BPR can take place in tandem with implementation of your new ERP system, and lead to your firm becoming more efficient, and more profitable.